Sunday, January 20, 2013

My JXD s18 Tablet Resets to Chinese Language Problem Fixed

Problem with a JXD s18 Mini Pad Android 4.0 
I found a solution for the problem sometimes encountered when resetting a cheap android tablet computer to it's factory settings and data, and it comes up in Chinese.  It should work on most MIDs (Mobile Internet Devices).  Here is the procedure:
After booting up the tablet, slide the lock to unlock the tablet and come to the default screen.  Press on the small Apps icon which looks like this:
Applications
Next select the Settings icon which looks like this:

Settings
.

Next scroll down and select the Language & Input icon which looks like this:

Language & Input

Next choose the first item on the screen.  Then scroll down until you find the language that you want and select it from that long long list.  Done!
 You might want to calibrate your touch settings while you are at it.
JDX s18 Mini Pad Android Tablet Computer

2 comments:

  1. Hello

    I got S18 last week and all the time it turn it off itself. I have to wait 15 minutes to re starter again and the problem continue. Could you tell me please, what is wrong? How can I fix it?

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mention it, I had a similar problem when I first got my JDX s18.
      When the battery gets low and goes below a certain level, the device will turn itself off. The first time i tried to charge up the battery in my tablet, it didn't work. I just happened to have a USB to mini USB cord just like the one that came with my tablet, so I switched cords and it worked. When you are charging up the battery, a red LED lights up on the corner of the s18. When the battery is fully charged, the LED goes out. If it does not light up, the problem is in charging the battery. See if there is a light on the power box that plugs into the wall. If there is, then you most likely need a new cord. If your power box does not have a LED, check it for 5 volts output if possible.
      If the problem is different or persistent, you may have to return the tablet. They come with a 1 or 2 year warranty.
      I hope this was helpful...
      Robert Tolman (:^)}

      Delete